HIP PAIN TREATMENT IN SANTA MONICA, CA
Chiropractic treatment is a non-surgical approach to hip pain.
The hips serve many functions. They are crucial to all human movement from walking to swimming. That is why persistent hip dysfunction can be so debilitating. Not only can hip pain be incredibly painful — but it can also limit your ability to walk, bend your legs, and go up and down stairs. Hip pain can even affect your sleep. It can keep you awake at night, and make it nearly impossible to get a good night’s rest.
Who Gets Hip Pain?
Hip pain can affect people of all fitness levels and ages. Everyone from grandparents to recent high school graduates is at risk.1
Hip pain can be caused by many things — from accidents and injuries to normal wear and tear. Sometimes it can be hard to pinpoint why you have hip pain. To get the best treatment, it is essential to start with a proper diagnosis from a Santa Monica, CA chiropractor. The most common causes of hip pain include.
Bursitis is a common cause of hip pain. Bursitis refers to inflammation of the bursa, which are small fluid sacs that keep muscles and tendons from rubbing on bone become inflamed. This condition is common in people over the age of 60. Symptoms of bursitis include:
- Sharp intense pain on the outside of the hip.
- Pain when climbing stairs.
- Pain while lying on your side.
If you experience daily, dull pain in the hip, it could be from osteoarthritis. This is frequently a cause of hip pain. Highly active people, as well as those who are obese, are more likely to get osteoarthritis. This disease causes the breakdown of the cartilage, which results in stiff swollen joints. This causes pain and joint deformity.
Pelvic Floor Issues
The pain you feel in your hip could be coming from problems with your pelvic floor. Your pelvic floor muscles are directly connected to hip muscles. So, when things become misaligned or jammed within your pelvis, it can cause hip pain. If you feel a deep, hard-to-reach pain in your hip, it could be from your pelvis.
Chiropractic Treatment For Hip Pain
Chiropractic care addresses the root causes of hip pain – from pelvic floor misalignment to inflammation in the lower back. At Dean’s Sports Therapy, we will conduct a thorough assessment of your hip pain so that we can get to the cause of it. Depending on your hip pain, your treatment may consist of:
- Spinal adjustments – Gentle chiropractic adjustments help eliminate or reduce spinal misalignments that could be causing hip pain.
- Exercise therapy – Exercises can help strengthen and stretch the muscles within the hip.
- Deep tissue massage – Deep tissue massage is used to loosen tight muscles that contribute to hip pain.
- Lifestyle guidance – Simple lifestyle changes can help a lot when it comes to ending hip pain. Lifestyle counseling will help address habits that may be causing or contributing to your hip pain.
Chiropractor Santa Monica – Get Help For Hip Pain
If you are experiencing hip pain, don’t delay in getting relief. Fill out this form or call us at 323-354-6077 to schedule your appointment with Dr. Dean.