CARPAL TUNNEL TREATMENT: Tunnel Syndrome Release
Effective Release of The Tunnel
Diagnosis, treatment and release of the of the wrist when pressure on the carpal tunnel is severe is crucial to eliminating carpal tunnel symptoms in the hand and wrist. The carpal tunnel is commonly injured by repetitive motions such as typing or compression of the median nerve in the tunnel. Dr. Dean strives to provide the appropriate treatment to effectively relieve pressure on the carpal tunnel.
Carpal Tunnel Symptoms:
- Numbness or tingling- Pressure on the carpal tunnel is frequently associated with numbness or tingling of the first the first 3 fingers.
- A burning sensation. You might notice a burning sensation that travels up your arm.
- Muscle weakness. Carpal tunnel can cause muscle weakness. You might have a hard time grasping objects like a steering wheel. Writing in a book or using a computer keyboard may be very difficult.
Carpal Tunnel Treatments
When the carpal tunnel becomes stiff from tight surrounding structures such as fascia or tendons then treatments include fascial release, nerve glides and median nerve relief positions can be helpful to those that have been diagnoses of carpal tunnel syndrome.
Dr. Dean Treatment Types and techniques
- Transverse Nerve mobilization (created by Dr. Dean)
- fascial manipulation, fascial distortion model and french osteopathic joint pumping
- Nerve decompression exercises and neurodynamics
Carpal tunnel syndrome occurs when the median nerve, which runs from your forearm through your hand, is injured. The nerve runs through a very narrow area of the wrist called the carpal tunnel. Because the area is so narrow, it is very easy for the nerve to become compressed and damaged. This leads to the symptoms of carpal tunnel.
The median nerve provides sensation to the index and middle finger, as well as the thumb. This is why symptoms of carpal tunnel include pain and numbness in these areas.
GET IN TOUCH WITH DR. DEAN
YOU should be able to move the way you’d like to move without experiencing pain. YOU should be able to experience freedom and energy knowing there’s nothing holding back from giving your life 110%. Dr. Dean would like to learn more about your challenges with a quick phone or email before beginning treatment. Contact him today.